I decided to have a contest to encourage all you folks visiting the site to get interactive. I’m challenging you to post something in the Discussion Forum that makes me laugh or think (it’s harder to make me think). I’ll send $100 for each of the following categories:
- What is your favorite saying? Something you often say on the jobsite. (Stories and Humor)
- What are the 3 words every Construction Superintendent wants to hear? Here’s a chance to be creative. (Stories and Humor)
- What’s your favorite construction story or joke? I’m looking for someone to add some more humor to the site, so let me know if you’d be interested in writing more. (Stories and Humor)
- Best Question (or Answer) posted in the Super to Super Discussion Forum. Post or answer a real issue you are facing. (Super to Super)
- Just a random drawing from all the posts to the Discussion Forum. A chance to win for those whose participation doesn’t rise to the stature of greatness (i.e. most of us). (Any Post in the Discussion Forum)
The contest deadline will be September 17, 2008. I’m the judge and I’ll post the winners and send them each $100. I do this when I’m teaching Construction Supervision classes and find the competition and the reward keeps things interesting. And don’t worry, I won’t do anything bush league like award to family members (believe me, I’ve got three kids in their early 20s and have no interest in giving them any more money). So put some posts on the Forum that make me laugh or think. Give it a shot!